Proud to present Pilot-RC’s first true scale plane. We wanted a model that was iconic, flies amazingly well, and had not been overly done already.
Enter the North American F-86D Sabre. With all the great flying characteristics of the classic F86 which we all know and love, but with its unique set of looks to stand out from the crowd
|Wing area:||1,310″2 (8,450cm2)|
|Weight:||27.9lbs (12.7kg) without speed brake, drop tank or cockpit|
- Full scale detail with rivets panel lines, simulated hatches, etc…
- Full composite construction, lightweight and strong
- Two piece wing and two piece full flying stabiliser, all for easy transport
- Painted outside the mold so no seam lines
- Fully hidden linkages, no horn, servo arm, ball links or pushrods exposed
- Screwless detachabe nose / radar cover.
- Complete air frame (including aluminium wing-tubes and fibreglass control horns)
- Servo extension leads
- Dual wall tail pipe (for 100-160N turbines)
- Kevlar fuel tank (4200ml) and UAT (250ml)
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
- Pre-glued control horns
- Pilot-RC electric landing gear and brake set
- Wing drop tank
- Smoke system (includes kevlar tank, smoke pump, injection pipe and fuel tubing)
- Speed brake (requires two additional servos)
- Scale cockpit (minus pilot)
- Wing bags
Landing gear combo. Includes Pilot-RC F86D kit, gear door installed, and Pilot-RC electric landing gear and brakes set.
Requires servos and turbine of choice
Turbine Ready – Sport-scale version. Includes all the above, plus x10 Pilot-RC servos and 4in1 connectors for aileron/flap/brake/retract, all pre-installed.
Requires your own turbine of choice.
Turbine Ready – Pro Scale version. Includes all the same as the standard Turbine Ready version, plus all the Optional Extras preinstalled. This includes Wing drop tank, smoke system, speed brake with servos, scale cockpit and wing bags, all preinstalled.
Requires your own turbine of choice
Servos: (x13 + 2 optional)
x7 super high torque (minimum 35kg) // Uses x1 per flap, x1 per elevator, x1 on rudder
x2 high torque (minimum 20kg) // Uses x1 per aileron
x4 middle size servo, 35 x 15 x 30mm // Uses x3 for gear doors and x1 for steering
+2 super high torque (minimum 35kg) if installing Speed Brake
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, batteries, powerbox and possibly other small accessories.
PILOT-RC RECOMMENDED HARDWARE:
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW38AH (38Kg – 0,129s at 8,4v)
- Servos: Pilot-Rc PW20AH (22Kg – 0,12s at 8,4v)
- Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,2″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
COLOUR SCHEMES AVAILABLE:
Colour scheme 01 – :
Colour scheme 02 – :
Aileron: 15mm – Rudder: 23mm
Elevator: 45mm up / 60mm down
Measured from the front of the leading edge of the elevator.
Take-off Flap: 30mm
Landing Flap: 75mm
Speed brake 1: 100mm
Speed brake 2: 190mm
Measured from the back of the speed brake plate.
The CG is 270mm from the front leading edge on the root of the wing